Thursday, December 23, 2010

SILLY ORNAMENT..


You see this silly ornament that now hangs on my tree? I received it as part of a gift I received from a coworker. I had all intentions of "regifting" it, but today it hit me. This silly ornament now has a real purpose.

Today would have marked the 38th birthday for my brother Allen. Many of you remember that almost 5 years ago he was tragically killed in a dirt bike accident. Growing up we have always celebrated Christmas traditionally, but we always got together to celebrate my brother as well. My step mom has always done a good job of celebrating your birthday on your birthday. She did just that with Allen. In the middle of all the hustle and bustle and last minute shopping we always stopped as a family and got together to celebrate Allen.

Today, I am stopping to celebrate Allen. Allen was a huge out doors kind of person. We always played in the creek, rode our bikes, went to the lake, and he loved to fish. I am hanging this crazy fish on my tree as a celebration to him! Allen the fish will forever have a place in my heart.



Happy 38th birthday Allen. We will always love and miss you! Your memory will always be remembered.

1 comment: