Saturday, March 5, 2011

MY BIG GIRL..


On Tuesday February 22, our night changed in an instant. Jack and I got ready to sit down to dinner with Maggie. As we were eating dinner Maggie began to fall forward like a wilting flower. Her eyes were wide open, and she just sat frozen. It was the scariest thing we have ever seen. We both jumped up and got her out of her seat. She was still not responding. After a min. of time she finally started to come around but was very dazed and confused. We had the paramedics come, but they were really no help. They told us to just watch her, and that she would be okay. Well, this mom can't just watch her kid. So off to the emergency room we went. We waited for a long time to find out that Maggie had symptoms of a seizure. We talked with our pediatrician the next morning and he confirmed the same thing. They can't be 100% sure, but all signs point to that.

On Friday, February 25 Maggie had an EEG. She did wonderful. For now, the results are clear which is a good sign. We will still meet with a neurologist to go over anything that might be important. Hopefully it will be a routine visit.

I am very excited to report we haven't had any other episodes. I am sure it was a one time thing, but it was enough to make your heart stop. I am very blessed to have a strong husband who was very good through the whole thing. I am very proud of Maggie and how she was a good sport.

On another note:

Jack always makes fun of me for reading blogs. I can get lost in blogs and some make me very sad, but others are just fun to read. I have happened upon two blogs this week, that are not very happy blogs right now. I know I don't have a huge following, but I do have friends that read my blog. I ask that you click on both links and follow these blogs for a few days. They have both really touched my heart and I pray for the strength of these two families. I am very thankful that Maggie's issue was very minor. For these two families life is completely changed for a while. I have to tell myself everyday how lucky I am. So, please take a few minutes to follow these two families and say some little prayers for them.

http://erikandkatekrull.blogspot.com/ - A blog about Lucy. A 5 year old little girl.

http://kandjstaats.blogspot.com/- A blog about a family in Houston who lost their 4 month old baby.

I hate to leave on a sad note. Thanks for always reading and checking in on us.

3 comments:

  1. Holy crap this is so sad and terrible. My heart is breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very glad that maggies results turned out okay so far....she is in our prayers! I will check on those other blogs too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now following those blogs and praying hard!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete