Wednesday, June 29, 2011

SWIM HELL, I MEAN, SWIM LESSON!

 


Last summer Maggie and I took a Mommy and Me Swim class at a lady's house. If you remember from my last summer's post, she cried the whole time. I really thought this year would be different, boy was I wrong. Day one, what you can see from the pictures, was going pretty good. Maggie got in line with all the kids and followed the leaders to the diving board. They each took turns walking out and standing on the end and being introduced. Doing good so far! Maggie even got up there and did it. Then, they walked around the pool to the slide, and checked things out. Still doing good. Next, they got in the pool. Well, this is where she fell apart. From that day forward I was in the pool with her. We did out own thing behind the class. My friend Jenny and I were in the same boat. We would drive to lesson everyday and just question why we were there. The first week Maggie did a good job participating. The next week, Maggie cried and cried. If you haven't heard her cry, be glad, she is very loud. Finally, the last day before showoffs, I decided to just toss her to Mrs. Margaret. We did it over and over, and we knew she was swimming because she would come up and just scream. Not cough, but scream. She was keeping her mouth closed, so she was doing it. I finally tossed her in and then ran away and hid. Amazingly, she did it. I wish now I had done it the week before. You learn from your own lessons. However, I learned some good skills. You forget how you learned, so it was good to hear the instructions again. Not only were the lessons hard, but the days were hard as well. I forgot when I signed up for the lessons that our time was not set in stone. We had signed up for a 10:00 lesson, but that time changed on Tuesday to 11:30. 11:30 with two 2 year old's. What was Mrs. Margaret thinking? By the time we drove 20 min. to the lesson, had the lesson, and home we were all done. It was all crazy. Needless to say, Jenny and I headed out for a much needed day off last Friday. We got pedicures, ate lunch and went shopping. We had lots of fun winding down from our class. As an update to swim class: I thought Maggie would never swim again. We went to the pool on Saturday and she just sat along the side and wouldn't get in. Well, today she got in and swam under water. I am so excited to see that my money and time payed off. She did great and was so excited. Mommy felt good!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment