Tuesday, August 17, 2010

WEEK NINE - A FIRST FOR EVERYTHING

As many of you know Maggie went to my sister Amy's house for the 1st part of her life. Well, my sister Amy's last kid is starting kindergarten next week. She has decided to not take Maggie on any more. Yes, I am very sad. I also feel very blessed with the fact that Maggie got the opportunity to spend all this time with Amy. Maggie also got the opportunity to spend time with my other sister Lori as well. So, both of them have given her such wonderful care and love. With this first chapter ending, we have a new chapter beginning.

Maggie will be going to a lady's house down the street from my school. Her name is Gretchen. Gretchen (Nan,) is wonderful. Maggie is in such good hands. She is a former pre-school teacher for over 25 years. She has kept kids in her home for over 20. She has taught at private pre-schools as well. So, I feel that we are very blessed.

As part of this week she got a chance to try Nan out. It was hard on her, but she had so much fun and brought home her first picture for us to hang on the fridge. I love it.

On Monday we spent the day running errands and then meeting up with two of my friends from high school. Teresa, Adam and I have been friends forever. Teresa and I have been friends since Junior High. It was lots of fun hanging out with them.

On Tuesday we had to go meet up with Jenny and Will. They had been out of town, so we missed them. We had lunch at McDonald's and then played. It was a fun day.

On Wednesday we had our first day at Nans. Maggie cried the majority of the day, but did have fun and do some things.

On the way to Nan's house. This was before I left her!


She went back on Thursday and still cried, but had a really good day. Both days were her first time to nap on nap mats. We didn't think she would do go, but she did!

On Friday, we had a play date with some of my Shawnee Trail friends. It was so much fun with all the kids and babies. Hopefully, we can do it again!

Picture from our play date.



Sorry these post are so behind. We went on Vacation for week 10. I hope to have that post up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment