Monday, December 28, 2009

DAY 2 AND 3 OF MOM'S BREAK

Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty productive days. Maggie and I met up with some old school friends and had a yummy lunch. Maggie did very well through lunch, then a bunch of errands. We came home Tuesday after8 we were done all prepared to take a nap, and the poop fairy struck. Needless to say, no nap was in her future. She did great though, and really didn't make a fuss. I just hope we are not getting off of the two nap schedule. I want to hold on to that as long as I can!!! Wishful thinking I know.

Wednesday brought about a new day. Daddy was off, and I was off to celebrate my brothers birthday. As many of you know I lost my brother in April of 2006. It was a very tragic dirt bike accident and things just haven't been the same. Allen was a very successful landscaper known around this area and he left behind two little boys, a wife, and a very sad family. It is really hard to believe that it has been 3 years and that we would have celebrated his 37 birthday. Instead, we celebrated sitting at his grave and telling stories about him. Everyday my heart hurts more and more. I don't know if it is that I am scared of death, or that I am sad that we don't know his little boys. Drake and Dirk are two special little kids who have grown into kids that I don't know. Now, I am partly at fault for that, but there is another big obstacle that stands in the way. I just hope for life's sake, we can some how work it out and really start to get to know Drake and Dirk. Seeing them on Christmas day just made my heart melt. They are big, rough little boys, and very sweet. Any how, it was a nice day with my two sisters as we sat and laughed and cried. Allen will forever be that brother that always got us into some kind of trouble. I will for now hold onto the memories that he left me with. I will also hold on to the glass shelves that he gave me for my 28 birthday. (Weird present, I know!) Any how, Happy Birthday Allen! You will forever be in our hearts and our minds. We love you!!!

Allen and Aly -

Drake and Dirk - Christmas 09


After my sisters and I finished up visiting Allen, Jack, Maggie and I headed out the door for Houston. It was a very rough trip. Lets just say it stormed from the time we hit Corsicanna to the time we hit Huntsville. Jack did an amazing job driving, and we made it to Houston safely to start our Christmas festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment