Wednesday, June 16, 2010

WE'RE BACK - WEEK ONE DOWN

We made it! I survived yet another school year. I would say out of 10 years of teaching that it was the longest one. I am done, so I guess you can say how exciting it is! Last week was my official first week of summer. It was a great first week. Maggie and I did something everyday!!! Here are our journeys!

We kicked off summer with a visit from Thomas and Amy. (Jack's brother and sister in-law) Caroline, their little girl, is about a year older than Maggie. She is a pretty amazing kid. She does so much and is fun to be around. I had to work on the Saturday of their visit, but they made their way to the splash park right by our house. From the million pictures that they took, you can tell they had so much fun.


On Monday Maggie had to go give blood. It was not a good experience. She gives blood about every quarter if not more for her thyroid. They have to check and make sure it is all good. Let's just say it took them four pokes of a needle to draw the blood. I had to hold her down as three different people poked her! It was awful! We did however follow it up by going swimming with my sisters. Maggie had the best time.

I once again forgot my camera on Tuesday, but we delivered mommy's kids Six Flags tickets. (Yes, I forgot to pass them out, so I hand delivered them!) Then, we went to our friend Stacey's house for lunch, nap time, playtime and dinner!! We had a lot of fun hanging out!

On Wednesday we did a day full of laundry, hanging out with mommy, and celebrating my sister Amy's birthday. We baked her cupcakes, and went to Jason's deli for dinner. It was lots of fun! We are going on a big family vacation this summer, so we had to make the big decision to cancel our trip. We are no longer going to Gulf Shores, but we are going to hit the friendly Texas beaches. We will be staying on Crystal Beach. It should be a much different experience for us. We are very excited just to have a place to go.

Here is where I remembered to bring my camera with me!

On Thursday, we headed out to Northeast Mall. We meet up with one of my best college friends and her daughter. Janet and Maddie are always fun to hang out with. Maggie and Maddie played in the play part, and put up with us as we went shopping. It was lots of fun. Maggie got pushed down by a little girl and suffered a busted lip. It was not a pretty sight. She did bounce back up and kept on going. She is one tough cookie! (Better than her mom!)

We also went and got a hair cut. Maggie set on my lap, and did an okay job. It will just take going more and more to get her use to it. Here she is pre-hair cut! We just did a little trim. She looks so much better. No bangs as of yet. I still love the pony in her hair or a bow!


Friday we went to the library for Story Time. Maggie had so much fun singing and dancing. At the end they had bubbles! "Bubbles," Maggie yells! Can you tell she is so excited. We went from the library over to our friend Jenny's house. Maggie, Will, Michael, and Jonathan all played. We stayed over all day. We even made a night of it! Lot's of fun!!



On Sunday we made our way to the lake for our first trip of the summer. Maggie had so much fun. We hope to do it again over and over. Here she is as we start off on a boat ride!


The first week is down! We had so much fun. We are already halfway through this week. Check back next week for our new adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment