Wednesday, July 14, 2010

WEEK FIVE - TORTURE ME MORE, PLEASE

This week was a very crazy week for us. We ended our 4th of July holiday with Daddy having the day off on Monday, and Maggie starting her 1st week of "torture", I mean swim classes. Let's just say, I don't know who had it bad, me or her. Maggie has always loved the water. She has never not wanted to go swimming until last Monday. She cried, and cried, and screamed, and kicked, and so on. It was so awful. The class is full of moms and dads, and babies that were younger than Maggie. They all did a great job, but my kid sat on the sidelines crying. So, I figured the next day would be better. Here is a picture of her one morning on the way to class. Do you think she wanted to go?


After swim class we met up with Jack and headed to the Apple store. I got a new phone, no not a brand new phone, but a new phone for my version. It was a pretty cool treat. After that we ate at my favorite place, Cheesecake factory, and then headed home for nap time. It was a fun way to wrap up the 4th of July. We had lots of fun.

On Tuesday we headed back out to swim class. Day two was not any better. She got dressed, got excited to leave, and as the gates opened up for us to head into Mrs. Margaret's pool, she froze up and started screaming. I wanted to just die. I started to leave, but I got the courage to go inside and handle it. Maggie set in the water and just screamed. It was not a fun experience. I thought that maybe heading out to our neighborhood pool would make it easier, and boy was I wrong. We even met Jenny and Will, and that didn't help. It was a long day for both of us, but we managed to make the best of it and have fun.

After torture class number 3 for the week, we met up with some old friends that I use to work with at our pool. It was lots of fun, and good times. Maggie did get into the pool with my frieds today and had fun, so I was thinking that Thursday at Mrs. Margarets house would be better. WRONG AGAIN!! We did finish out the day at Jenny's house and had lots of fun just hanging out and chatting.

So, day four of swimming rolls around. You think it would be better, right? WRONG! She cried harder this day over any other day. Mrs. Margaret told me that day three would be the hardest. Well, it was day four. After swim class we meet Jack for lunch and just spent a quiet afternoon at home.

Here is a picture of Maggie walking in my shoes and learning how to drink from a straw sippy cup. I remember last summer trying to get her to drink out of a sippy cup. Wow, what a difference a year makes.



So, we have now reached day 5 of swim lessons. I really didn't expect much at this point and really wanted to just count my losses and give up. I decided to keep going, but it didn't get any better. I even cried on my way home. I really didn't think I could take much more. So, my only hope was practicing over the weekend and trying again on Monday.

After a week long of torture class, we headed out to meet Jack at the Honda dealership. They were doing their annual fundraiser for the RMH and we need to get the car inspected and oil changed. What a better way then lunch, and seeing daddy. We had a great time. That evening we went to the Saavedra's house for pizza and games. The kids had so much fun. Here they are during bath time!



Overall, we had a pretty good week. Hopefully, this week will turn around in swim class and we will see success. Check back with us for our progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment