Thursday, November 22, 2012

THANKFUL-DAY 22

Today I am thankful for the gift of time. God has blessed me with two precious little girls that I now get to share my time with.

On Tuesday I took the day to go to the mall and have a playdate with Maggie. We ha so much fun. With me being in bed rest the past 6 weeks and a week on the hospital, Maggie was really feeling my absence. She has told everyone how mommy is home. I know it's been a hard time in her, so I'm doing what I can to be with her.

With Mary now here and spending time in the NICU, we are really having to figure out our time. While we want to spend every minute with her, that is not a possibility. It's not good for her, for Maggie or for us. It's a balance we are adjusting too.

In the NICU they encourage you to come and hold your baby twice a day for 3 hours each. While you think that is easy, it's harder to accomplish. Then as a parent you feel guilty for thinking you can't give 3 hours. However, you have to let go and do what you can.

We have worked out a little schedule with me being off work. I go in the mornings and spend my time with Mary. In the evenings Jack gets his time in, and I stay home with Maggie. We get the best of both worlds. You can tell both girls need our time.

Again, on the Thanksgiving day I am so fortunate for my gift of time. I got to snuggle with both girls this morning. I got my Maggie time in before I came to snuggle with Mary.

It's so hard to let time take over. However, it's a gift that I have to value and respect.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. May today you be given the gift of time to spend with your loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment