Thursday, June 18, 2009

SAD, BUT FUN DAY

Maggie and I are going to be experts on the malls around town this summer. It is a cheap, and cool way to venture out. She loves her stroller, I love to walk around the mall, and I don't work up a sweat! All and all it is great.

We made our way to what I find to be the best mall around (Willowbend in Plano). It has a lot of high-end stores, but it is never crowded and easy to get to. Maggie and I met my two best friends from college. Sarah and Janet. It is our annual tradition to get together and hang out for the day. We started this tradition once we graduated college, and now three kids later we have continued it. I really enjoy our times together. The kids do great, so it is something fun to do. That is the fun part for the day. The sad part is one of us is moving far away.

No, it is not me. You will probably have to pry me out of the state of Texas, so it leaves one of them. Sarah and Matt (her husband) have had the opportunity to move to California. It is a great opportunity for them, but it makes me very sad to see one of my best friends leave. We have been through so much together and our kids were just starting to go through life together. I am so happy for them, but I want to be selfish for a minute and say I don't want them to leave. I know it is a place that we can visit, but that is just not the same. I guess I have to say that I wish them the best of luck, and I can't wait to get out to California to see them.

Maggie and I wrapped up our day with a visit from my mom. She came over for dinner and hung out with us. We had a lot of fun. It is nice to have her come over. So, the day is done and we have nothing on the books for tomorrow. I am sure we can come up with something fun to do.

I leave you with the pics of Maggie, Maddie, and Brody. (Brody looks a little crazy in the pic, so I put another one on here to show how cute he is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment